Terms and Conditions
This agreement is between you ( "You " or "Your " in this agreement) and Citowise OÜ (Estonian based company, "Company"), provider of Citowise Wallet and website www.citowise.com (“Site”) .
Last Revised: October 29, 2017
1. SERVICE OFFERED
Company has created a means for users to access, and transfer ownership of, virtual currency (such as Ether or Ethereum based tokens) under the name "Citowise Wallet". By entering into this agreement You will receive a license to use the Citowise Wallet. You should only use the Citowise Wallet if you are familiar with virtual currencies. Company highly recommends learning the basics of the specific virtual currency that you plan on using with the Citowise Wallet before running the Citowise Wallet. The Citowise Wallet is licensed to you without charge.
2. PRIVATE KEYS
Company does not store users' private keys, backup phrases or passwords ( "Private Information "). It is very important that You backup Private Information. If You lose Your Private Information then it will not be possible for Company to recover it for You and You may lose access to Your virtual currency. If You do not understand the above paragraph then Company recommends that You learn more about virtual currencies before using the Citowise Wallet.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS
- be of age of majority in Your local jurisdiction; and,
- be responsible for Your own virtual currency; and,
- backup/write down Your "backup phrase " and keep it private; and,
- carefully guard Your private keys; and,
- ensure that Your device(s) are fully updated and do not contain viruses, malware or otherwise malicious software.
You shall not:
- deposit virtual currency into addresses for virtual currency that are not supported by the Citowise Wallet; or,
- use the Citowise Wallet in a manner likely to infer with other Citowise Wallet users or virtual currency nodes (e.g. excessive API calls or network spam); or,
- use the Citowise Wallet in a manner contrary to Your local laws
4. NO CONROL OVER BLOCKCHAINS
Company is not the creator of, and does not have any control over, any of the virtual currencies that the Citowise Wallet allows You to use.
5. THIRD PARTY INTEGRATIONS
The Citowise Wallet integrates with third party services. Although the Citowise Wallet makes it easy to engage with the integrated third parties, Company shall not be responsible for any consequences stemming from Your use of third party integrated services. If You require assistance with a third party integration then You should contact the third party.
The only authentic record of virtual currency transactions is the applicable virtual currency blockchain. The Citowise Wallet provides functionality that allows You to send virtual currency transfer instructions to blockchain. Company does not guarantee that transactions You perform using the Citowise Wallet shall be stored in any virtual currency blockchain. You must ensure that Your transactions conform to the applicable rules of the virtual currency software. There may be transaction fees (e.g. mining fees) associated with Your virtual currency transactions that are required by the virtual currency system You engage with. Company shall not be responsible for any losses You incur due to transaction fees or losses that occur due to incorrectly set transaction fees (i.e. too low or high). Company does not have access to Your transactions (or anyone else's).
7. LIMITED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LICENCY
This agreement licenses the Citowise Wallet to You on a personal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable, worldwide-basis, for the purpose of holding and transferring virtual currency. You are not permitted to re-distribute the Citowise Wallet, modify any code or use any Citowise Wallet content, including images and text, as part of any other software or project of any kind. For partnership inquiries please contact Company through Company website - https://www.citowise.com.
8. THIRD PARTY LIBRARIES
The Citowise Wallet contains libraries developed by third parties. Company may provide third party libraries to You as part of the Citowise Wallet solution but shall not be considered to be the owner or licensor of the third party libraries. Please refer to and respect the relevant third party library licenses.
9. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED RISKS
Using virtual currency software necessarily entails many risks. Company specifically disclaims and shall have no liability to You for the following risks:
- operating system failures (mobile or desktop); and,
- interactions between Your hardware, software and the Citowise Wallet; and,
- cloud backup software (e.g. certain Android distributions) may upload your private information to third party services; and,
- malware, viruses or other malicious software on Your device that is able to take control of or interfere with the Citowise Wallet; and,
- communication delays between Your Citowise Wallet and a corresponding blockchain node of your choice or relay service for a virtual currency (and vice versa); and,
- failure to achieve a certain market value/price for a virtual currency token, whether through a third-party service or any other kind of transaction; and,
- theft of virtual currency.
10. NO WARRANTY
The Citowise Wallet is provided to You at no cost, "as-is" and without any warranty whatsoever, to the maximum extent permissible by law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Company does not warrant that the Citowise Wallet is fit for Your purpose, even if You have previously provided notice of Your intended purpose, and does not warrant that the Citowise Wallet will operate in a bug-free manner.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Company's liability to You shall not, under any circumstances, exceed the greater of EUR 50.
You agree to indemnify Company against any claims, damages, losses or legal fees incurred due to Your use (or misuse) of the Citowise Wallet.
No action or inaction on the part of Company shall be considered a waiver of any right or obligation by Company.
You may not assign this agreement. Company may assign this agreement upon 15 days notice.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND CHOICE OF FORUM
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Estonia. Any disputes related to this agreement or the Citowise Wallet shall be heard in the Harju County Court (Harju Maakond) in Tallinn, Estonia
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other agreement, representations (or misrepresentations), or understanding, however communicated.